A skilled content writer and a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn more, I specialize in technical, banking, hospitality, and poetry content writing; while taking every opportunity as a responsibility and believe in creativity that is beneficial for society.
There used to be a time when placing a courier order and tracking it used to be a hectic process. Realizing the deficiency in the traditional courier mechanism, developers and investors collaboratively devised software applications that simplified the entire process. Courier delivery app since the time entered the market are showing no signs of slowing down. The demand for courier delivery app development is at a surge, and so is for an expert courier app development company like BR Softech Pvt. Ltd.
This article aims to inform the readers about the top courier delivery apps that are prevailing in the market. Moreover, the article also mentions some of the essential features that should be integrated during the development process to get a feature-rich product.
Quick Glimpse of Top 10 Courier Delivery Apps in 2020
Refer to the courier delivery apps that are mentioned below to get a basic idea of what the competition has to offer and a glimpse of their business model.
- Shiprocket: Shiprocket is one of the most successful eCommerce logistics service providers available in India. Experts claim that the courier service provider operates in more than 26000 pin codes available in India.
Moreover, the company reveals that it operates in more than 220 countries and is knowing to provide the most affordable courier services in the world, especially for eCommerce operators.
Shiprocket owes a feature-rich app boasting a variety of customization as well as prepaid and cash on delivery option that makes the courier service booking and receiving a blissful experience.
- Wefast: Second in the list, Wefast is one promising courier delivery service provider that ensures safe and secure delivery within 60 to 90 minutes. The company has some economic plans for its customers that starts from Rs.60, making it one of the most cost-efficient courier delivery service agents.
The customer just needs to make an order request, and the app automatically connects it with the most suitable delivery agent that is available at that time.
Wefast operates in 10 countries, including India; however, the Indian operation is currently limited to a few metro cities.
- Pidge: Pidge provides a safe and secure courier delivery experience to its customers; however, its services are limited in the Delhi NCR region for the time being.
The region that it covers includes Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, and Noida. Pidge promises its customers the same day delivery that makes it efficient in the city with roads filled with heavy traffic.
Moreover, the officials claim that the agents pick up the courier within 60 minutes when the order is placed. It is an effective medium to meet your day to day courier needs.
- MyDTDC: DTDC Express Limited was founded 30 years back, in the year 1990. Its full form is Desk to Desk Courier & Cargo, and the company has managed to live by its name so far. The company has its headquarters established in Bangalore.
Moreover, the mobile app is enriched with a variety of features that provides a hassle-free courier delivery experience to its users.
- Saral: Saral is another feature-rich courier delivery platform that is available as free to download on Google Play. It promises one day delivery within an operational range of 50km radius. Moreover, the company does not bar any product due to its weight or volume hence adding versatility to the platform.
In addition, the courier delivery service provider has partnered with many others that are performing well in the business that enhances the efficiency of the courier service provider.
Saral is a multilingual app that makes it easy to operate amongst a wide range of demography based within the city.
- Fatafat: It is one of the most effective and promising intercity courier delivery agents. The brand promises to deliver almost each and every item, be it groceries or documents, without any hassle. Moreover, the company also claims the timely delivery of food items, be it fresh food, fruits, or vegetables. Users can easily make digital payments via the mobile app that further eases up the process for its customers.
The live tracking mechanism helps the customers stay informed at every phase of the courier delivery journey. The courier delivery platform has recorded more than 100000 downloads that showcase its success in a short span of time.
- Gati: Gati Limited is one of India’s earliest end to end logistic service provider. The courier service providers claim to connect almost 99% of districts in India via various modes, including air, rail, and road. The company offers many services, including doorstep pickup and drop facilities, same-day delivery options, and many more.
The logistic service provider aims to fulfill all your courier needs and covers an entire range of your valuables, from delicate masterpieces to heavy machinery.
Moreover, the company also promises exciting offers and updates that amps up user engagement and makes it one of the most popular India based express distributor.
- FedEx: FedEx is another popular and robust courier delivery service provider operating worldwide. The company recorded its annual revenue in the year 2019 to touch a whopping figure of US $69.693 billion. Such a tremendous figure of revenue that it generates makes it an inspirational model for courier delivery app development. The FedEx apps help its customers to take total control of their shipments, from setting up the pickup and drop off locations to getting the exact price calculation of the delivery and an effective real-time tracking mechanism.
What it takes is just a touch of your finger to login into the app, and you are good to go for sending, tracking, and receiving parcels.
- DHL: DHL Express Mobile is the mobile application of the popular and one of the most successful courier delivery company, DHL. The first thing that you will come across after you access the app is a page that asks you to select the checkboxes. Thereafter, the app demands the first time users to signup and sign in for the existing users.
The user registration process is pretty much easy and asks the users to input the basic details such as the name, email, and phone number.
The app is an effective platform that allows its users to track and manage their shipments without any hassle. Moreover, the advanced barcode scanning option elevates the user experience.
- XpressBees: The courier company claims to be one of the most potent courier delivery companies in India. XpressBees owes a warehouse capacity that extends beyond the area of 10 lacs square feet in total.
The company was established in the year 2015 and has tremendously expanded its business operations since then. Officials at the company state that they fulfill the delivery requirements of more than 50000 shipments on a daily basis.
The company has partnered with more than 52 airports countrywide that helps them establish enhanced connectivity throughout the country.
Must-have features in courier delivery app
- User-friendly interface: No matter what design and features that you select during the on-demand courier delivery app development, make sure the final product that you receive has a user-friendly interface.
- Payment gateway service: You can not predict what payment option the customer will desire. Hence, it is important to integrate multiple payment gateway options in your courier delivery app to ease up the process for the customers.
- Real-time navigation: It is likely that the delivery agent will be assigned to deliver the courier to new addresses. It is necessary to provide them a detailed navigation system to shorten the delivery time and live by your claim of providing fast and efficient courier delivery services.
- Safety and security feature: As your services will involve the delivery of valuable items of varied nature, it is important to take care of the security aspect to prevent any unauthorized access or data theft.
- 24 x 7 customer assistance: As your courier delivery services will be operating 24 x 7, it is important to integrate a customer assistance portal in your on-demand courier delivery app. Also, you can integrate modern technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate the customer grievance redressal process and save time as well as cost.
The worth of the global parcel market in the year 2019 was recorded as $430 billion US dollars. The astonishing figure has inspired many business owners and investors to invest in the multi-billion dollar industry.
If you dream of owning a courier service company or have an existing one and are keen to take its services online, look no further than BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. for a full-fledge courier app development. It is a leading software development company that excels in creating advanced software solutions backed up with modern technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence, the internet of things, and more to be listed.
BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. excels in providing cost-effective IT Solutions. Established in August 2010 with over 10+ years of rich experience. An Apex rated IT serving company around the world. Our team of innovative and creative designers deals in web designing, mobile/ software development and other digital marketing services intending to deliver outstanding digital outcomes.