A case study is known as a detailed representation or in-depth analysis of a specific person, product, service, event or group. In a case study, each element of the subject’s present life and history will be analyzed to find out the causes of behaviour and patterns. These case studies can be beneficial for different fields comprising the medical, educational, social, and gaming & entertainment world.
Commonly, the design of a case study research includes qualitative methods, but there are also used quantitative methods sometimes. Case studies are the best possible way to describe, compare, assess, and understand the varied elements of a research issue.
Benefits of a Case Study
Case studies permit all the researchers to search about the things that are often tough to recreate in a lab. Here are more benefits-
- - Provide researchers with an opportunity to gather data on unusual or rare cases.
- - Chance to researchers to create hypotheses that can be improved in experimental research.
Ways to Write a Case Study
There are varied methods to conduct a case study involving retrospective and prospective methods. Take a Look at the Process- How to Collect the Data?
Below are shown the six prime methods to gather data by researchers-
- - Direct observation includes monitoring the subject in a natural setting often.
- - Archival records comprise survey records, census records, and name lists.
- - Open-ended and structured Interviews are most essential to collect data for case studies.
- - Documents can involve newspaper articles, letters, admin records, etc.
- - Physical artifacts like objects, tools, instruments, etc. will be monitored.
- - Participant observation will consist of the researcher to identify the actions and results.
Get a Quote
- Web Design & Development
- App Design & Development
- Game Development
- Blockchain Development