A skilled content writer and a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn more, I specialize in technical, banking, hospitality, and poetry content writing; while taking every opportunity as a responsibility and believe in creativity that is beneficial for society.
Many businesses have invested in online software solutions following the motto of social distancing due to the pandemic of COVID-19. However, the step towards maintaining smooth business operations has brought along many other hidden benefits that has eventually accelerated the business working and efficiency.
Courier delivery app development is one such favored software solution for the courier services that have come into the limelight recently. Creating an on-demand courier delivery app is not an easy process, but it takes a lot of research and efforts of the developers as well as the clients to create a feature-rich final product.
This article covers every single detail that the readers who are aspired to create an online-courier delivery and management application to take their courier services to the next level.
On-Demand Courier Delivery App Development
Basic features of courier delivery app
The courier delivery app development is segmented into three versions. One is for the customer, the second one for the driver, and the third version is dedicated to the admin. Refer to the points listed below to get a detailed overview of the features that are a must-have in all three versions.
- Registration and sign-in: User registration and sign-in is the first step that the customer will come across after downloading the courier delivery app. Make sure that you invest in a convenient and quick registration and sign-in process.
- Parcel tracking: One of the vital reasons behind the customer opting for the courier delivery app is that it offers a hassle-free parcel tracking experience.
- Message/Call facility: In case of any additional message that needs to be conveyed, the customer should be able to communicate with the service provider in a matter of a few taps on the courier delivery app via message or call.
- Notification: Consider integrating real-time push notifications to enhance the user experience by keeping them informed at every phase of courier delivery.
- Payment options: Make sure you provide multiple payment options in the customer app to provide them the freedom to make payments as per their convenience. Some popular payment options can be debit and credit cards, net banking, payment gateways, and many more.
- Feedback: Adding a feedback option will not only help the customer reach out to you in case of any inconvenience faced but also help you to account for the quality of services and address any loophole if mentioned by any customer or noticed by you.
- Cancel option: There might be instances where a customer might want to cancel the parcel that has already been dispatched. Hence, integrating a cancel option is suggested for such instances.
- Registration: Be it the customer app or driver’s app, user registration is the common and the foremost step that will be required. Consider making the user registration process quick and hassle-free.
- Parcel Details: As soon as the driver receives an order, it should host a full detailed overview of the information that is associated with it. The information includes the sender’s detail, the receiver’s name, and address, parcel weight, type, and much more.
- Navigation: The driver’s app should feature a step by step navigation to ensure that no parcel gets delayed.
- Rate customer: Apart from providing the customer with a feedback facility, make sure that you provide the driver with an option that lets it rate the customer as well. It will help reward loyal customers and restrict them if in case of any bad behavior experienced by the delivery agent.
- Earning details: Providing earning details to the delivery agent with every courier that is assigned will help the delivery agent track their daily, weekly, and monthly earning in a much more efficient manner.
- User and parcel management: A dedicated panel that lets the admin manage the user accounts, their activities, as well as manage parcels, is a must-have to enrich the experience, both for the customer as well as the agent.
- Agency management: As the role of the admin is the most crucial one, it is important to create a robust admin panel that can help the operators manage and track all the activities that are going on all the app versions associated with the courier delivery services.
- Billing and payments: Yet another important feature that can not be neglected is the billing and payment mechanism for the admin panel. Admin should be able to receive, manage, track, and refund the payments to make the entire process seamless.
Advantages of creating a courier delivery app
The three points that are mentioned below are a few important that make the courier delivery app highly beneficial for customers.
Enhances the customers’ experience
As you already know that dispatching a courier used to be a hectic process, with the help of online courier services the working has been tremendously revolutionized. With the help of a courier delivery app, the customers can dispatch courier from the comfort of their home or workplace.
The courier delivery app tends to make the entire process much more transparent and scalable. The user is able to track every single activity right from when the courier is picked until it reaches the destination. Not only does it helps in enhancing the customer experience, but it also helps build trust and gain more customers.
On-demand courier delivery apps work on a mechanism that gives assurance to its customers for meeting their high-end courier needs. It makes it an important part of the business that eventually helps deliver a better customer experience.
Read More: How to Start a Courier Business in India?
Cost of app development
It is impossible to quote a price that exactly matches the project without knowing details about it. However, several factors can be considered for you to calculate a price estimate as close to reality.
Firstly, the fee that the courier delivery app development company charges is considered at the time of price calculation. It depends on the geolocation of the app development company, along with the expertise that they hold and the brand value of the development company or a group of developers, whatever you opt for. It is strongly advised not to compromise on the quality of the development company for saving a few bucks as a poorly built courier delivery app can affect its ability to mark a lasting impression on the users.
Secondly, the number of platforms you target to create and deploy the app also matters when calculating the price estimate. The higher the number of platforms you target, the costlier gets the project. However, the more platform you target, the more audience you cover, eventually lending you the opportunity to flourish the services and hence the business.
Moreover, the features that you choose in your courier delivery app also influence the cost of app development. Not only does it mean the number of features, but also how advanced the features are. An app with basic features will cost much less than an app that boasts advanced features demanding higher complexity and extending the time required for app development.
Considering all the factors that are mentioned above, a price estimate for developing an average courier delivery app can be somewhere between $8000 to $25000. However, these figures are just a rough estimate, and the actual price of the app can go beyond the stated figures.
Apart from all the things that are mentioned above, the role of technical aspects does not end with the completion of the project development and deployment. Instead, the platform requires an in-depth screening for the potential bugs and glitches that appears after the deployment of the app. It makes it necessary to hire a development company that provides complete front-end and back-end support.
BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. is a leading software development company that has completed more than 7586 projects in more than 10 years of its journey. The development company hosts more than 450 full-time employees, out of which more than 250 excels in software development and maintenance.
If you are interested in building a full-fledged courier delivery app, then investing in BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. is highly recommended.
The market for on-demand courier delivery app is flourishing day by day. It makes investing in an online software solution for your courier company a lucrative business venture.
All the tips and information that has been provided in the article will help you exhilarate the courier services experience for your customers. However, it is advised to choose the app development company wisely. To make the task easier, BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. is the suggested development company if you are looking for a feature-rich courier delivery app at a reasonable price.
You may also like
BR Softech Pvt. Ltd. excels in providing cost-effective IT Solutions. Established in August 2010 with over 10+ years of rich experience. An Apex rated IT serving company around the world. Our team of innovative and creative designers deals in web designing, mobile/ software development and other digital marketing services intending to deliver outstanding digital outcomes.
- Golang vs Python: Complete Comparison with their Top Frameworks
In this tech world, where so many programming languages and frameworks are...
- How to Start a Courier Business in India?
Courier Industry is one of the fastest-growing markets in India. The rise i...
- Top 20 Offline iPhone and iPad Games to Play In 2020
Playing games on your iPhone or iPad can be fun and exciting, isn’t it? And...
- Go vs Rust: Which is Better Programming Language for Future and Why?
In this technically advanced era, everything perfect is required. The bes...
- Top 10 Most in Demand Programming Languages of the Future 2020
Top Programming Languages 2020 Technology has a dramatic impact on our...